Friday, January 02, 2015

UltimateGerardM - a #blog 10 years and counting

Blogging becomes a habit, a useful habit. It allows for the regular expression of opinion without being overly present on a mailing list. It allows for the promotion of best practices and the projects they apply to. It has enabled me to form an opinion and express it on a wide variety of subjects.

To my surprise I was told that my blog is running for 10 years. Time is creeping up on me, my beard is quite grey nowadays.. Anyway it is a time to celebrate and, what better way to celebrate a blog than to blog even more.

I will politely ask some people to make a choice from among three options:
  • answer 10 of my questions for publication on my blog
  • write a blogpost for publication on my blog
  • politely decline
When they choose for a blogpost, they may ask someone else to write a blogpost as well. This option is open for the people I invite to blog. The idea is to represent a broad spectrum of Wikimedians past and present. In this way I hope to find comments on subjects that mattered in the past and the present.

It may be useful, it will be informative but for me it will certainly be fun.
Thanks,
      GerardM

No comments: