Sunday, August 09, 2009

Not to twitter

Twitter is not funcional at the moment. It has been facing a denial of service attack that has been ongoing for some days. I just tried to tweet and, it still does not get through.
 
On its blog, Twitter indicates that this denial of service attack is ongoing, geo-political in nature and that these types of attack will continue to be with us.
In the final analysis, it is a fundamental human right that is under attack. The freedom of expression. While it may not be directed at what I have to say, it affects me directly.
In  a way that is right; it is a universal human right and there is no excuse for this. Twitter as a company does not want to speculate who is behind this, I am not in a position to speculate but I do despise whoever is behind this and I wish that their cause falters.
Thanks,
     GerardM

No comments: