Saturday, April 18, 2009

ar, de, dsb, fr, gl, gsw, hsb, ia, ja, ksh, lb, nl, oc, pl

A new extension "Semantic Tasks" became available. Now twenty four hours later, the localisation for fourteen languages has already been completed. In my opinion that is quite special.

Another thing I appreciate is that Semantic Tasks installs nicely in the Wikiation Extension Testing Environment. This is special for me because it is the first Semantic MediaWiki extension that just installs.

Semantic Tasks was developed for the CcTeamSpace is the internal task and project tracking system used at Creative Commons. All these things I learned today and in my opinion all this really demonstrates the relevance and the quality of the MediaWiki ecosystem.
Thanks,
       GerardM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's actually not that new an extension, just new to the MediaWiki SVN. But yes, the translation system for MediaWiki system really is a wonder to behold; the whole community owes Niklas and Siebrand a huge debt of gratitude, I think; in addition to all the translators around the world, of course. I don't know if there's a comparable translation setup for any other software, open source or otherwise.

-Yaron Koren